Matt focuses his practice on complex business and commercial litigation, involving all aspects of a business, such as rent disputes, partnership, shareholder and LLC breakups, issues arising with former employees, contractual disputes and insurance related issues. He also defends professionals such as attorneys and accountants in professional liability disputes. Matt litigates and tries contested civil cases in state and federal courts including the Chancery Division, General Equity Part, of the New Jersey Superior Court and the United States District Court.
Matt also represents clients in general environmental compliance counseling, remediation cases and development transactions. He assists in all facets of the development approval process on both state and federal levels, and assists clients in connections with affordable housing litigation and compliance.
Matt represents executors and beneficiaries in will disputes and other estate-related litigation.
- Environmental Law
Other Professional and Personal InformationPrior to joining the firm, Matt served as law clerk for the Honorable Vincent J. Grasso, A.J.S.C., Superior Court, Ocean County. He also served as an intern at the Securities Arbitration Clinic of Fordham University School of Law.
- New Jersey
- New York
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D. (2006)
- Cornell University, B.S., cum laude (2003)
- Selected by Super Lawyers as a New Jersey Rising Star, 2013-2019
- Archibald R. Murray Public Service Cum Laude Award, Fordham University School of Law
- Matt Fiorovanti Successfully Defends Broker-Dealer Against Fraud Claims
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Attorneys Selected as 2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Attorneys Selected as 2018 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Insurer Can't Recoup $9M Payout for Drug Theft: 3rd Circ.
- Matthew N. Fiorovanti Successfully Argues Case Before the Appellate Division
- Without Written Palimony Pact, Court Declines to Award Share of Estate
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Attorneys Selected as 2017 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- GH&C's Commercial Litigation Department Successful Representation Report: February 2012
- Can my company recover its legal fees if we win a lawsuit that we file or if we successfully defend a lawsuit in which we are sued?
- "Three's A Crowd: Dissociation Under New Jersey’s RULLCA," The Litigation Landscape , February 3, 2016
- "GH&C Litigation Team Successfully Represents Commercial Landlord At Trial," The Litigation Landscape, February 4, 2014
- "NJ Justices Won't Hear Challenge to $5.4M Junk Fax Ruling," Law 360, January 11, 2019
- "Insurer Can't Recoup $9M Payout for Drug Theft: 3rd Circ.," Law 360, December 6, 2017
- "Without Written Palimony Pact, Court Declines to Award Share of Estate," NJ Law Journal, November 17, 2017
- "Truck Stop Asks 3rd Circ. To End $9M Drug Theft Dispute," Law 360, March 9, 2017
- "3rd Circ. Axes Appeal In NJ County Atty Malpractice Complaint," Law 360, May 24, 2016
- "Split 3rd Circuit Denies Insurer's Bid to Reinstate Legal Mal Suit," New Jersey Law Journal, May 24, 2016
- "Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Obtains Summary Judgment In $9 Million Inadequate Security Case," GH&C Updates, December 24, 2015
- "Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Co-Counsel on $5.4 Million Judgment in Insurance Coverage Case," August 19, 2015
- "GH&C Litigation Team Successfully Represents Commercial Landlord At Trial," February 4, 2014