Anjali has been practicing law for 15 years, mainly focused on health care transactional and regulatory matters. She prepares and reviews LOIs, purchase agreements and other transaction documents for health care providers needed for the business transfer and necessary for the transfer of NJDOH and NJDHS licenses and provider numbers. She also reviews agreements required for the day to day operations of health care facilities.
She has counseled skilled nursing, assisted living, adult medical day care, outpatient facility clients and hospitals regarding NJDOH regulatory requirements, licensure process, CMS/Medicare requirements, and NJ Codey Law requirements. She also routinely analyzes business transactions under the Federal and State referral and kickback prohibitions and licensure requirements.
Anjali has prepared and managed submissions for transfer of ownership of various licensed health care facilities, such as nursing homes, adult medical day care, outpatient/acute care facilities, and partial care facilities. She has prepared numerous Medicare (CMS 855) and NJ Medicaid applications in connection with, provider enrollment, changes of ownership and for routine revalidations required under Federal and State Law.
Anjali has served as an analyst at the NJDOH Certificate of Need and Healthcare Facility Licensure Program.Articles/Publications
- "NJ DOBI Issues Out of Network Guidance," New Jersey Healthcare Blog, December 11, 2018
- "Out of Network Legislation Signed by Governor Murphy," New Jersey Healthcare Blog, June 5, 2018
- "Out of Network Legislation Passes Awaiting Governor Murphy's Signature," New Jersey Healthcare Blog, May 18, 2018
- "NJ Department of Health Awards Psychiatric Beds," New Jersey Healthcare Blog, November 22, 2017
- "State Legislative Developments August 2017," New Jersey Healthcare Blog, August 15, 2017
- "New Jersey Recognizes the Need for an Increase in the Number of Adult Acute Psychiatric Beds," New Jersey Healthcare Blog, February 28, 2017
- Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Board of Directors of the Health Law Section
- Co-Chair, New Jersey State Bar Association, Health Law Section Education Committee
Other Professional and Personal Information
- Anjali routinely prepares a New Jersey State Regulatory Report, summarizing relevant state regulatory issuances and posted on the GH&C Healthcare blog.
She is a former NJ Department of Health, Certificate of Need and Healthcare Facility Licensure analyst.
- Business Transactions
- Health Care Law/Regulation
- Medicare and NJ Medicaid Enrollment
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D. (2004)
- The College of William and Mary, B.A., cum laude (2001)
- New Jersey