Carmella focuses her practice on a variety of environmental and land use matters, including remediation, development, redevelopment, zoning, business counseling, corporate transactions, as well as environmental permitting and regulatory compliance, involving wetlands, coastal/CAFRA areas, riparian/tidelands law, flood hazard areas, water and air quality, solid and hazardous waste remediation, and underground storage tank compliance.
Carmella has also represented clients before state and federal courts in New York and New Jersey, as well as in alternative dispute resolution forums. Carmella has represented clients in a variety of litigation matters, including those involving complex commercial, professional liability, labor and employment, and environmental disputes.
- Environmental - Land Use
- Environmental - Site Remediation
- Environmental & Land Use Litigation
- Land Use & Development Law
- Planned Real Estate Development
- Affordable Housing
- Cannabis Law
Other Professional and Personal Information
Carmella received her B.A. in Mass Communications from King’s College in 2012, where she was a member of the Honors Program, Mass Communications Honor Society, and was President of Circle K, an international service organization. Carmella received her J.D. from St. John’s University School of Law in 2016, where she was a staff member on the American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review.
During law school, Carmella worked as a judicial intern to the Honorable Allan L. Gropper at the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- New Jersey
- New York
- District Court of New Jersey
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D. (2016)
- King's College, B.A. (2012)
- "NJDEP Posts Updated Guidance Regarding Capping of Volatile Contaminants for the Impact to Ground Water Pathway," NJ Environmental Law, February 25, 2019