He has also assisted companies in insurance and other industries to develop and strengthen their compliance programs; conducted compliance risk assessments; managed required remediation of compliance issues; and addressed laws and regulations in critical areas such as sales practices, data privacy and anti-corruption.
Prior to joining Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, Jay served as a Senior Advisor at a boutique law firm, focusing on compliance, ethics and corporate governance.
- Member, New York State Bar
- Executive Committee, The Yale Law School Association (2016-2019)
- Member, Editorial Board, Society for Corporate Compliance and Ethics (2006-2009)
- Conference Board, Council of Chief Privacy Officers (2003-2008)
- Ethics Resource Center Fellows Program (2000-2001, 2015-2016)
- Author, Chapter on Compliance and the Code of Conduct, for a treatise on Corporate Governance (2004-2007)
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Yale Law School, J.D.
- The George Washington University, B.A.