- Redevelopment Law
- Affordable Housing
- Real Estate Transactions
- Development Applications to Municipal, County and State Agencies
- Business Transactions
- Commercial Litigation
New York Law School
View as PDF
* PDF is Best Viewed with
U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
the Latest Version of Acrobat
Michael A. Bruno
Mr. Bruno, co-chair of Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla's Real Estate, Redevelopment & Planned Real Estate Development practice area, focuses his practice area on real estate transactions and approvals with an emphasis on redevelopment, planned residential development, affordable housing, and mixed use development. Mr. Bruno represents and counsels companies and developers in every phase of real estate acquisitions, financing and development including redevelopment agreements and long and short term financial agreements and other state, regional and local agency financing programs available in connection with various types of development. His experience includes both inner city and suburban redevelopment projects and commercial and residential projects including mixed use projects, transit villages, affordable housing and planned communities. He has experience with long term tax exemptions and state economic incentive programs. He appears on land use matters before municipal and county planning boards and state agencies. Mr. Bruno also represents lenders and banks on both mortgage and asset backed loans. He has closed hundreds of commercial real estate and financing transactions. Mr. Bruno is a member of the New Jersey Builders Association Redevelopment Committee, Mixed Use Committee, American Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Association and New Jersey Planning Officials. Mr. Bruno is an approved R. 1:40-12 Mediator and has frequently served as a mediator in commercial disputes.
- Redevelopment of a 450 acre, 2,000,000 square foot mixed-use development of a former corporate park.
- Redevelopment of lands that were part of the former Fort Monmouth Army Base for up to 650,000 square feet high-tech commercial office space.
- Redevelopment of a former industrial site for mixed use of 500 residential units and commercial uses.
- Redevelopment of a New Jersey Transit property over 750 residential units and various commercial uses.
- Economic redevelopment growth grant and long term tax exemption for a supermarket and mixed used redevelopment.
- "New Jersey Residential Fire Sprinkler Requirements," Dimensions, March 2015
- "Will Governor Christie Extend The Moratorium on Non-Residential Development Fees?" New Jersey Redevelopment Blog, July 29, 2014
- "Attention Tenants! Grow-NJ Tax Credits Without Prevailing Wage," New Jersey Redevelopment Blog, July 11, 2014
- "The Economic Opportunity Act of 2013: Incentives and Challenges For Residential Developers," Cutting Edge, December 2013
- "Garden State Growth Zones Under The Economic Opportunity Act of 2013," New Jersey Redevelopment Blog, December 3, 2013
- "The Economic Opportunity Act of 2013 - Incentives and Challenges For Residential Developers," New Jersey Redevelopment Blog, December 3, 2013
- "'Automatic Variance' Bill For FEMA Base Elevations Passes NJ Legislature," New Jersey Redevelopment Blog, July 23, 2013
- "The Salt & Light Company, Inc. v. Township Of Willingboro Zoning Board Of Adjustment: Variances For Beneficial Use," New Jersey Redevelopment Blog, July, 11, 2013
- "High Court Overturns Abolition Of COAH," New Jersey Redevelopment Blog, July 10, 2013
- "NJ Economic Opportunity Act Will Consolidate Economic Development Incentives," New Jersey Redevelopment Blog, June 18, 2013
- "Procedures for Contractors Seeking to Participate in NJ Homeowner RREM Program," New Jersey Redevelopment Blog, June 18, 2013
- "Legal Q&A," New Jersey Tech News, April 2013
- Blight Means Blight: Redevelopment Post Gallenthin Realty Development, Inc. vs. Borough of Paulsboro
- "COAH 3rd Round Regulations Overturned," January 2007
- "COAH's 3rd Round Regulations- Navigating the COAH Objection Process," October 2006
- "The Applicability of Amended Development Fee Ordinances Under the COAH's Third Round Regulations"
- "New Legislation Requires Newly Constructed Affordable Housing Units be Adaptable for Use by Elderly and Disabled Persons"
- Member of the New Jersey Builders Association Redevelopment Committee
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member of the Advisory Board of Investors Bank
- Member of the Shore Builders Association of Central New Jersey
- Member of the New Jersey Planning Officials
Other Professional and Personal Information
Mr. Bruno has lectured and appeared as a panelist at seminars and symposiums sponsored by the New Jersey Builders Association and Atlantic Builders Convention involving land use and development issues. Mr. Bruno serves on the Board of Trustees for the Rumson Country Day School and also serves as a coach in the Rumson recreation and the Rumson Fair Haven Pop Warner programs.
- The Limited Liability Company: The Preferred Entity For Real Estate Acquisitions & Development, GH&C Seminar, October 2014
- Panelist, "Thinking Outside the Box: Strategies for the Adaptive Reuse for Suburban Office Perks," Urban Land Institute Northern New Jersey, June 24, 2014
- "A New Urbanist Approach to Redevelopment," Marcus & Millichap Multifamily Forum: New Jersey, March 6, 2014
- "Municipal Land Use Law Update - Experienced/Advanced Program," New Jersey Planning Officials, April 13, 2013
- Panelist, "Growth in Mixed Use Developments," Atlantic Builders Convention 2013, April 2013
- "A Community Dialog: Toward a Sustainable Long Branch," sponsored by the Long Branch City Council, March 31, 2008
- "Redevelopment in New Jersey after Kelo and Paulsboro - Now What?" Kislak Real Estate Institute, sponsored by Monmouth University, January 31, 2008