Steve focuses his practice on government affairs, transactional, and real estate development. As Chairman of the law firm's Government Affairs Department, he seeks to identify expeditious resolution of client issues at all levels of government. He also works to assure clear and direct communications between his clients and government representatives. Furthermore Steve provides guidance to his clients through the administrative and legislative processes. He also counsels clients on anti pay to play compliance for clients doing business with federal, state, county and municipal governments. Steve has served eight terms as a member of the New Jersey General Assembly representing 210,000 residents of the 11th Legislative District that is comprised of 25 Monmouth County municipalities. He also served as a member of the Monmouth County Planning Board and as a municipal councilman. For many years Steve served as Chairman of the General Assembly Environment, Science and Technology Committee. He also served as a member of many other standing reference committees in the legislature during his tenure including Budget, Appropriations, Economic Development, Education, Financial Institutions, Health, Housing, Insurance, Banking, Health and Senior Services Committees.
Steve is also active in waterfront development and marina issues. He chaired Governor Whitman's Dredge Material Management Team, which was credited with keeping Port Newark open for business as a thriving transportation and economic engine for the Metropolitan region by increasing operational depths while identifying a non-ocean disposal methods to safely store several million cubic yards of contaminated mud instead of traditional at sea burial. He also served as Chairman of the Gubernatorial Lake Restoration Task Force.
- Government Affairs
- Land Use & Development Law
- Real Estate
- Cannabis Law
- Energy, Climate Change and Public Utilities
- Government Affairs/Transactional
- Land Use and Real Estate Development
- Member of the Monmouth County Bar Association
- New Jersey Hellenic American Heritage Commission, Commissioner
- Member of the World Hellenic Interparliamentary Association
Other Professional and Personal InformationSteve has served as President of the Atlantic Highlands Borough Council, and Vice Chairman of the Monmouth County Planning Board and its subdivision and site plan subcommittee. As Assemblyman, he was the prime sponsor of 100 laws and two Constitutional amendments, including the following:
- Stable funding for Beach replenishment
- Open Space - over 1 million acres
- Healthcare Carrier Accountability Act
- New Jersey, 1979
- California, 1981
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
- Rutgers University, B.A.
- Voted a 2018 Monmouth County Top Lawyer, Monmouth Health & Life, November 2018
- Shore Builders Association - Legislator of the Year - 1993
- Monmouth County Water Resource Award - 1994
- Eastern Monmouth Area Chamber of Commerce Spinnaker Award - Elected Official of the Year - 2000
- NJSEED - Legislator of the Year - 2001
- Consumers for Civil Justice - Legislative Recognition Award - 2003
- Northern Monmouth Chamber of Commerce - Elected Official of the Year - 2004
- Small Business Development Center - 2005 Small Business Advocate
- Guardian of Small Business Award - 2007 National Federation of Independent Business
- Giordano Law Firm Creates Energy, Climate Change and Public Utilities Practice
- Steven Corodemus Authors Article on Governor Christie Vetoing Bill A-1578, "A Victory For Jobs And Consumers In New Jersey"
- GH&C; Attorneys Obtain Two Favorable BPU Decisions For Their Client
- GH&C Attorneys Obtain Two Favorable BPU Decisions For Their Client
- Steven J. Corodemus Authors Op-Ed Piece In Asbury Park Press
- "'Waiver rule' gives DEP regulatory flexibility"
- Former New Jersey Assemblyman Steven J. Corodemus joins the firm as Of Counsel in the Environmental Practice Area
- "'There You Go Again," NJ Environmental Law Blog, December 12, 2014
- "No News Is Good News? NJ Legislature Winds Down Its Session," NJ Environmental Law Blog, January 8, 2014
- "Holiday Shopping Made Easy," GH&C Updates, December 18, 2013
- "A Victory For Jobs And Consumers In New Jersey," GH&C Updates, September 10, 2013
- "Doing The 'One-Two' At NJDEP," NJ Environmental Law Blog, August 23, 2013
- "Have A Green Fourth of July," NJ Environmental Law Blog, July 2, 2013
- "Super Storm Sandy Environmental Law Update," NJ Environmental Law Blog, May 17, 2013
- "Energy Master Plan - New Legislation," NJ Environmental Law Blog, April 5, 2013
- "The State House Commission's 60th Anniversary May Be Dampened By New Proposed Legislation," NJ Environmental Law Blog, February 21, 2013
- "Coastal Property Owners' Rights Upheld," NJ Environmental Law Blog, February 7, 2013
- "'Waiver Rule' Gives DEP Regulatory Flexibility," Asbury Park Press, March 2012
- "Public Contract Law," Sponsored by Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P.C., April 1, 2008
- "Abandoned Vessel Law" Sponsored by Marine Trade Association of NJ, March 12, 2009