Phil's practice is devoted primarily to Corporate Finance/Securities Law, Acquisitions/ Mergers and Business Law.
Phil counsels clients with respect to the raising of capital in the public and private markets. He prepares prospectuses and private offering documents required in connection with the public and private sale of securities and advises as to ongoing compliance with the rules of the Securities and Exchange Commission and state securities bureaus, including the preparation and review of periodic reports required to be filed by issuers of securities.
Phil represents purchasers and sellers of businesses, including transactions involving mergers, consolidations and asset sales. He also counsels clients as to the appropriate structure of acquisition transactions and prepares securities filings and public disclosure documents required in connection with the purchase and sale of publicly traded corporations.
Phil advises clients in the formation and establishment of businesses, including corporations, general partnerships, limited partnerships, investment funds, joint ventures and limited liability companies. He prepares shareholder agreements for new and existing owners of corporations, including "buy/sell" arrangements and handles ongoing counseling of clients in various business agreements, such as license agreements, distributorship agreements, technology transfer agreements and employment agreements.
- "Regulation A Plus, A New Tool to Raise Capital," New Jersey Lawyer, December 2015
- "SEC Adopts Final Rule Lifting Ban On General Solicitation" NJ Corporate & Securities Law Blog, July 24,2013
- Attracting, Retaining And Motivating Employees Through Equity Based Compensation Programs
- "Preparation for the Initial Public Offering" New Jersey Lawyer, April 2007
- "Counseling The Financially Distressed Corporation"
- "Securities Law Aspects of Business Combinations and Acquisitions" New Jersey Lawyer, December 2002
- "Curing Securities Law Violations in New Jersey: The Anatomy of a Rescission Offer"
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Chair, Business Law Section
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth
- Securities Law Committee of NJ State Bar Association
- St. Rose High School Advisory Board
- "Duty to Client in Business Deals Murky, Attorneys Say," New Jersey Law Journal, January 12, 2015
- "Philip D. Forlenza Elected Chair of NJSBA's Business Law Section," May 22, 2014
- "Border Wars: Making the Case for NJ Attorneys" New Jersey Business
- "The Business Plan in the 21st Century" New Jersey Business
- Voted a 2018 Monmouth County Top Lawyer, Monmouth Health & Life, November 2018
- Named The Best Lawyers' 2019 Woodbridge Area Corporate Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Named The Woodbridge Area Best Lawyers Mergers & Acquisitions Law "Lawyer of the Year" in 2015 and 2018
- Ranked in Chambers USA under Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America
- Named a New Jersey Super Lawyer, 2010
- Negotiating Deal Terms, New Jersey M&A Conference presented by NJICLE, September 28, 2018
- The Limited Liability Company: The Preferred Entity For Real Estate Acquisitions & Development, GH&C Seminar, October 2014
- Organic Growth, Sponsored by the Association for Corporate Growth, October 23, 2007
- Opportunities and Obstacles: Planning Your Exit Strategy, Sponsored by the Association for Corporate Growth, October 24, 2006
- Counseling the Financially Distressed Corporation, Sponsored by the Institute for Continuing Legal Education, September 20, 2006
- Corporate & Business
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- Business Law
- Corporate Finance and Securities
- Acquisitions and Mergers
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D. (1984)
- Georgetown University, B.S. (1981)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Five Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named 2019 Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" in Woodbridge Area
- 22 Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named to 2019 Best Lawyers® List
- 22 Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named to 2018 Best Lawyers® List
- Three Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named 2018 Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" in Woodbridge Area
- Ten Giordano Attorneys Ranked in 2017 Chambers USA
- Twenty One Lawyers From Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Selected For Inclusion In Best Lawyers in America 2014 List
- Sixteen Giordano Attorneys Ranked in 2013 Chambers USA
- 22 Lawyers from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Selected For Inclusion In The Best Lawyers in America
- Sixteen Giordano Attorneys Ranked in Chambers USA
- 20 Lawyers from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America
- 18 Lawyers from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America ®
- Attracting, Retaining and Motivating Employees Through Equity Based Compensation Programs
- Counseling The Financially Distressed Corporation
- Securities Law Aspects of Business Combinations and Acquisitions