Cathy devotes her practice to commercial and business litigation matters. She represents individuals and entities in the business community on all manners of disputes and stages of litigation, as well as in alternative dispute resolution including mediation and arbitration. Cathy counsels and represents clients involved in contract and corporate disputes, business tort claims, insurance disputes and other general business matters.
Cathy has specific experience representing and counseling developers, contractors and other members of the construction and real estate communities in dispute resolution, arbiration claims and in litigation. Her full range of services includes representation as to construction contracts, construction defect claims, payment disputes, transition disputes and liens, as well as the defense of developers and sponsors in litigation brought by community associations. She also has experience defending and prosecuting consumer fraud claims in the residential construction context.
Cathy's practice further involves the defense of professionals, including lawyers and accountants, on liability claims.
- Litigation of Commercial Disputes and Business Litigation
- Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member of the Monmouth County Bar Association
- Member, Professional Women in Construction, New Jersey Chapter
- Member, Board of Directors, Loyola University Central New Jersey Alumni Chapter
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Rutgers University School of Law - Newark, J.D. (1997)
- Loyola College, B.A. (1994)
- Named "2017 Land Consultant of the Year" by Pulte Group
- Selected as a Super Lawyers New Jersey Rising Star for 2006 through 2011
- GH&C to Present "Protecting Family Inheritances From Divorce"
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Attorneys Selected As 2012 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Attorneys Selected As 2011 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars
- "New Jersey Supreme Court Clarifies Statute of Limitations in Construction Defect Cases," The Litigation Landscape Blog, September 27, 2017
- "Recent Developments in Flak Jacket Protection Issues," The Litigation Landscape Blog, September 27, 2017
- State National Insurance Company v. County of Camden, 842 F. 3d 399 (3d Cir. 2016)
- Nuveen Municipal Trust v. WithumSmith+Brown, 692 F. 3d (3d Cir. 2012)
- Newell v. Hudson, 376 N.J. Super. 29 (App. Div. 2005)
- "A Former Spouse's Income Growth is Not Guaranteed to Affect Support," The Litigation Landscape Blog, February 25, 2012
- "Statute of Frauds Held Applicable to Palimony Claims Based on Promises That Pre-Date The Writing Requirement," The Litigation Landscape Blog, February 5, 2013