Tim focuses his practice on all aspects of trust and estate planning, estate administration, estate litigation and taxation. His clients include high net worth individuals and families with complex legal issues concerning retirement planning, wealth transfers, estate administration, fiduciary litigation and taxation issues.
Tim formulates and implements complicated estate plans and serves as the administrator and/or trustee of wills, trusts and estates. He regularly prepares the mandatory federal and state tax filings in connection with these and other estate and probate matters.
In matters where a will is contested, Tim handles the requisite probate filings and, when necessary, the associated litigation. He also counsels clients in cases in which estate planning was not contemplated prior to an individual's passing and participation in the compulsory court procedures is required. Tim has successfully litigated matters on behalf of clients that were parties to estate, fiduciary and probate litigation.
Tim also advises principals in closely held businesses with regard to business succession strategies, the disposition of business interests and asset protection. He works in conjunction with outside financial planners, accountants and insurance agents in an effort to ensure the best possible results for his clients.
- Trust and Estate Planning
- Estate Administration & Litigation
- Member of the Monmouth County Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section
- Member of the Estate Planning Council
- Member of the American Cancer Society
Other Professional and Personal InformationTim frequently lectures to financial planning professionals and certified public accountants regarding the intricacies of trust and estate law.
- New Jersey
- Villanova University, LL.M. in Taxation (1995)
- Widener University School of Law, J.D. (1994)
- Villanova University, B.A. (1990)
- Voted a 2018 Monmouth County Top Lawyer, Monmouth Health & Life, November 2018
- Named The Best Lawyers' 2019 Woodbridge Area Litigation - Trusts and Estates Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America
- Selected as Super Lawyers New Jersey Rising Star, 2007, 2010, 2012
- Five Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named 2019 Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" in Woodbridge Area
- 22 Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named to 2019 Best Lawyers® List
- 2018 Trusts & Estates Law Update
- 22 Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named to 2018 Best Lawyers® List
- Fall 2016 Trusts & Estates Law Update
- Trusts & Estates Law Update
- GH&C to Present "Protecting Family Inheritances From Divorce"
- Twenty One Lawyers From Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Selected For Inclusion In Best Lawyers in America 2014 List
- 22 Lawyers from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Selected For Inclusion In The Best Lawyers in America
- Brainstorm: An Educational Series Presents "Legal Issues for Brain Tumor Families"
- 20 Lawyers from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America
- 18 Lawyers from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America ®
- Estate Planning & Elder Law - To Pay Or Not To Pay
- A Renewed Focus on Non-Tax Planning Goals
- "2018 Trusts & Estates Law Update," GH&C Update, January 2018
- "Fall 2016 Trusts & Estates Law Update," GH&C Update, October 2016
- "2015 Trusts & Estates Law Update," GH&C Update, January 2015
- "2014 Trusts & Estates Law Update," GH&C Update, January 2014
- "2013 Trusts & Estates Law Update," GH&C Update, January 2013
- "2012 Trusts & Estates Law Update," GH&C Update, January 2012
- "2011 Trusts & Estates Law Update," GH&C Update, January 2011
- "Estate Planning & Elder Law - To Pay Or Not To Pay" New Jersey Law Journal
- "A Renewed Focus on Non-Tax Planning Goals" New Jersey Law Journal
- "Financial Planning With Family Limited Partnerships" New Jersey Law Journal
- Speaker, "Capital Market Outlook 2013," Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P.C. & Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, January, 2013