Sean E. Regan
Sean focuses his practice on commercial litigation and general litigation. He is primarily involved in real estate, construction and corporate disputes.
With regard to real estate, Sean handles all varieties of matters involving construction, liens, real estate development, commercial leasing, municipal land use and zoning disputes. Sean litigates and counsels clients in connection with public contracting and public contract disputes. Sean also provides construction contracting services and subcontractor program reviews, and contract reviews for compliance with New Jersey public contracting, prevailing wage, tax and consumer fraud laws and regulations.
Sean also deals with all types of commercial and corporate litigation matters including contract disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes, and employment/labor disputes. He also litigates defense matters pertaining to professional liability for engineers, attorneys, insurance agents, and corporate directors and officers.
In addition, Sean focuses on select administrative law matters including alcoholic beverage regulations and liquor licensing, and liquor license sales/transfers both retail and wholesale.
- Land Use & Development Law
- Construction Law & Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- Contract Disputes
- Construction Contracting
- Public Contracting
- Real Estate Development
- Alcoholic Beverage Control and Liquor Licensing Regulatory and Sales Issues
- Member of the Monmouth County Bar Association; Banking & Commercial Law Committee
- Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association; Public Contracting and Construction Law Section
- Member of the Monmouth County Bar Association
- Member of the New Jersey Builders Association
- Member of the Shore Builders Association of Central New Jersey
- Member of the Association of General Contractors
- Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association; Renewable Energy, Cleantech and Climate Change Committee
- New Jersey
- Duquesne University Law School, J.D. (1991)
- Rutgers University, B.S. (1987)
- Voted 2023 Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" in Woodbridge Area
- Voted a 2021 Monmouth County Top Lawyer,* Monmouth Health & Life, October 2021
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers* since 2013
- 24 Lawyers from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P.C. Were Recognized in the 2023 Edition of the Best Lawyers in America®
- Four Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named 2023 Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" in Woodbridge Area
- Several GH&C Attorneys Named "Monmouth County's Top Lawyers 2021"
- 24 Lawyers from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P. C. Were Recognized in the 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
- 23 Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P.C. Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers® List
- 23 Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named to 2020 Best Lawyers® List
- 22 Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named to 2019 Best Lawyers® List
- 22 Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named to 2018 Best Lawyers® List
- Highlands, Baymen Make Peace on Clam Plant Lease
- Baymen Secure Future in Highlands for 25 Years
- Twenty One Lawyers From Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Selected For Inclusion In Best Lawyers in America 2014 List
- Sean E. Regan Secures Victory in Contract Bid Case
- 22 Lawyers from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Selected For Inclusion In The Best Lawyers in America
- "Consolidate Residential NUB Arbitrations"
- Sean E. Regan Authors Article in Construction Law Section Newsletter
- GH&C's Commercial Litigation Department Successful Representation Report: February 2012
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P.C. Attorney Obtains Successful Contract Ruling
- Owner Developers, Contractors and Sub-Contractors Beware
- Home Improvement Contractors Registration
- Baymen Secure Future in Highlands for 25 Years, December 23, 2016
- "Employee Theft," The Litigation Landscape Blog, October 6, 2016
- "The Bottom Is Out: Insurance and Your First Floor," The Litigation Landscape Blog, February 22, 2013
- "New Jersey Construction Lien Law Interpreted Favorably For Owners and Developers," The Litigation Landscape Blog, January 2, 2013
- "Consolidate Residential NUB Arbitrations," NJSBA Construction Law Section Newsletter, March 2012
- "Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P.C. Attorney Obtains Successful Contract Ruling"
- "Owner Developers, Contractors and Sub-Contractors Beware"
- "Home Improvement Contractors Registration"
- "Highlands, Baymen Make Peace on Clam Plant Lease," The Asbury Park Press, January 4, 2017
- "Jersey Baymen Sue NYC Over Shellfish Bed Pollution," The Asbury Park Press, January 25, 2014
- "Public Contract Law," Sponsored by Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P.C., April 1, 2008