Larry, co-chair of the firm's Leasing Practice Group, focuses his practice in the areas of commercial real estate leasing and land use and development. He handles a variety of matters including the acquisition and sale of real property; the procurement of municipal, county, and state development approvals and permits; and the guidance and management of the real estate development process from the initial purchase to the issuance of a final certificate of occupancy.
Larry counsels individual and corporate landlords and tenants regarding the legal principles and practical consequences of commercial lease provisions. Following an analysis of the client's unique needs, he tailors the preparation, review and negotiation of the lease to achieve the client's goals. He has represented landlords and tenants in connection with leases for office buildings, shopping centers and warehouses.
Larry is well versed in the intricacies of New Jersey's Municipal Land Use Law and counsels clients in connection with the purchase and sale of real property and its suitability for development. He prepares, negotiates, and reviews documents for the acquisition and purchase of land and advises clients regarding diverse land use and development topics such as title and survey issues, environmental factors, off-tract improvements, sewer and water issues, purchaser due diligence concerns, and municipal design standards and zoning district development regulations. Larry also appears before municipal agencies such as planning boards and zoning boards of adjustment.
- Commercial Real Estate Leasing
- Land Use & Development Law
- Member of the New Jersey Builders Association
- Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers
- Member of NJ-NAIOP
- Member of the Shore Builders Association of Central New Jersey
- Adjunct Professor, Monmouth University, Kislak Real Estate Institute
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York Law School , J.D. (1993)
- Rutgers University, B.A. (1988)
- Voted a 2018 Monmouth County Top Lawyer, Monmouth Health & Life, November 2018
- Listed in The Best Lawyers since 2012
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent
- 23 Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P.C. Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers® List
- 23 Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named to 2020 Best Lawyers® List
- 22 Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named to 2019 Best Lawyers® List
- 22 Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named to 2018 Best Lawyers® List
- Twenty One Lawyers From Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Selected For Inclusion In Best Lawyers in America 2014 List
- 22 Lawyers from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Selected For Inclusion In The Best Lawyers in America
- 20 Lawyers from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America
- What type of lease provision should be included to efficiently settle disputes between landlords and tenants in determining fair market rental value for upcoming lease extension periods?
- "Reasonableness and the Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing in Commercial Leases," New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, April 2017
- Panelist, Commercial Leasing 2018: A Deeper Dive into Selected Topics, NJICLE, December 13, 2018
- Panelist, Commercial Leasing 2017: A Focus on Leasing, Insurance and Ethical Issues, NJICLE, December 6, 2017
- Are You a "Good Guy"? Negotiating a Commercial Lease that Protects Your Client, NJICLE, August 12, 2014
- "An Overview of Lease Documents; What's Important and Impacts Value," sponsored by the Central Jersey Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, June 13, 2007.