Chris has a bi-coastal litigation practice focusing on general commercial and business disputes, trademark law, copyright law, trade secret law and unfair business practices, and entertainment and media law. He has extensive experience litigating and resolving general commercial and intellectual property disputes, and also provides transactional and business counseling in the areas of copyright, trademark, trade secret, unfair competition and business practices, and general commercial law. Chris also has experience serving as outside general counsel, advising clients in the area of employment matters, dissolution and wind-down, public communications and relations with media, and general commercial matters.
- Intellectual Property & Technology
- Corporate & Business
- Environmental - CERCLA/Superfund
- Environmental - Litigation
- Entertainment & Media Law
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rutgers University School of Law - Camden
- Rutgers College
- Selected by New Jersey Super Lawyers® as a New Jersey Rising Star,* 2014-2016
- Represented large language interpretation company in connection with trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition actions against competitors.
- Obtained preliminary injunction on behalf of European travel magazine licensor against domestic trademark licensee.
- Successfully represented large ice cream manufacturer in connection with partnership dispute, obtaining dismissal of action asserting various claims including breaches of fiduciary duty and other claims of director and officer liability.
- Represented Broadway producer of "Looped" as lead defense counsel in rights dispute litigation.
- Successfully represented photographic artist agency through arbitration to award in connection with talent dispute.
- Successfully represented exclusive licensee and distributor of famous high end watch brands in various gray market and trade dress infringement actions.
- Counseling various clients on intellectual property protection and unfair competition enforcement, including in the areas of trademark, copyright, and trade secrets.
- Successfully represented employment and employee benefits management company in shareholder dispute, resolving the matter through an out-of-court settlement prior to the need for litigation.
- Served as outside general counsel for clients on various matters including general employment issues, commercial contracts, and intellectual property protection and licensing.
- Christopher J. Marino to Moderate Panel at CMJ Music Marathon On Friday, October 18, 2013
- Christopher Marino to Moderate Panel During CMJ 2012 Music Marathon
- "Redskins Trademark Registrations Cancelled Again... It Has Been A Tough Week For "Poor" Daniel Snyder and His Washington Redskins," IP Biz Tech Blog, June 20, 2014
- "'When you assume, you make an ... ': Echoes From Oscar Wilde In Luster Products, Inc. v. John M. Van Zandt d/b/a Vanza USA, Opposition No. 91202788 (TTAB 11/28/2012)" IP Biz Tech Blog, December 12, 2012
- Counseling Content Providers in the Digital Age: A Handbook for Lawyers, Chapter 1: Defamation, Accredited Writing Contributor