Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla's highly skilled CERCLA/Superfund team deftly represents a wide range of clients in complex Superfund matters arising from often-historic manufacturing, chemical, pharmaceutical and other operations across the nation. We have the substantial experience necessary to guide clients through the thicket of multifaceted federal environmental laws, including, the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA/Superfund), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).
We prosecute and defend claims in court brought by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency or private parties, and we guide clients through mediated allocation processes.
In addition, we work with industry-leading experts to conduct investigations, determine causation and recommend the most effective remedies.Our attorneys handle:
- Liability assessments for costs of contaminated sites clean-ups
- Response to government inquiries and other notices related to contaminated sites
- Creation and participation in PRP groups, including agreement negotiation and consultant retention
- Negotiations with federal and state regulatory agencies on the extent of cleanups, and calculation and apportionment of associated costs
- Strategic guidance through the investigation and remediation process
- Recovery of cleanup costs
- Redevelopment of Superfund sites
Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Attorneys Selected as 2022 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
24 Lawyers from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P. C. Were Recognized in the 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
Four Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named to 2022 Best Lawyers®: Ones to Watch
Four Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named 2022 Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" in Woodbridge Area