Evan is a business attorney in the Land Use & Development Law, Real Estate and Intellectual Property practice areas of the firm.
He is experienced in representing clients regarding complex land development projects and assists in navigating the intricacies of New Jersey’s regulatory environment. In the area of real estate and land use law, Evan provides counsel to commercial and residential developers, property owners and real estate investors with regard to all phases of the land acquisition and development process in New Jersey including: due diligence and zoning investigations, purchase and sale contract negotiations, business entity formations, financing and the preparation of easements, license agreements, use and occupancy agreements and lease agreements. He also represents clients before municipal land use agencies and governing bodies in connection with contested and complex applications for variances, site plans, subdivisions and redevelopment. His practice also includes the preparation of general business contracts including operating agreements, joint venture agreements, and other contracts related to business ownership.
Evan is originally from West Long Branch, New Jersey and attended Ranney School, Colgate University and Villanova Schools of Business and Law.
- Land Use & Development Law
- Planned Real Estate Development
- Real Estate
- Cannabis Law
- Intellectual Property & Technology
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- Land Use & Development
- Real Estate
- Adjunct Professor, Monmouth University's Leon Hess Business School, Department of Economics, Finance and Real Estate
- Member of the New Jersey Builders Association
- Member of the Shore Builders Association of Central New Jersey
Other Professional and Personal Information
- Post Advisor - Law Explorers Post 529
- Past Alumni Council Member for Ranney School in Tinton Falls
- New Jersey
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D.
- Villanova University School of Business, M.B.A.
- Colgate University, B.A.
- Named Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch*, 2021 - 2023
- Selected by Super Lawyers® as a New Jersey Rising Star,* 2018-2023
- Four GH&C Attorneys have been included in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch®
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Attorneys Selected as 2023 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Four Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Attorneys Selected as 2022 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Names 3 New Shareholders
- Four Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named to 2022 Best Lawyers®: Ones to Watch
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Attorneys Selected as 2021 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Five Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P.C. Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Attorneys Selected as 2020 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Attorneys Selected as 2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- GH&C Attorney Receives Approval for Builder to Develop Residential Building Lots in Jackson, NJ
- "The North American Cannabis Industry is Slowly Going Public," New Jersey Law Journal, May 31, 2019
- "Legal Q&A," New Jersey Tech News, June 2015
- “New Jersey Land Use Law – Helping Your Clients Navigate the Complex Regulatory Framework,” Continuing Legal Education Seminar, 2016
- Presentation to the Monmouth County Board of Commercial Realtors Association, October 23, 2015