Mike, co-chair of our Community Association Law practice area, focuses his practice in several areas including community association law, real estate, redevelopment, financing, and obtaining land use approvals. In the area of community law he assists condominium and homeowners associations with all aspects of governance and operation, including contract matters, member disputes, and collection procedures. Mike also counsels companies and developers regarding all aspects of commercial and residential real estate acquisition, financing, sale and development including the acquisition of site plan, subdivision, variance and environmental approvals from municipal, county and state permitting authorities throughout New Jersey. He has substantial experience in the approval and placement of renewable energy facilities and the redevelopment of property pursuant to the New Jersey Local Redevelopment and Housing Law. He has assisted clients regarding the designation of areas in need of redevelopment, negotiation of redevelopment agreements and exemptions under New Jersey's Long Term Tax Exemption Law. He also counsels clients regarding the transfer and operation of facilities and licenses under the New Jersey Alcoholic Beverage Control Act. Mike also represents lenders and banks on mortgage-backed loans.
Land development and redevelopment projects on which Mike has provided counsel include: large scale warehousing; multifamily residential housing; building and ground mounted solar arrays for grid-supply, net-metered and community solar projects; office parks; pharmaceutical research facilities; hotels; petrochemical facilities; aircraft hangar facilities; assisted and age restricted housing developments; and religious institutions.
- Development Applications to Municipal, County and State Agencies
- Redevelopment Law
- Affordable Housing
- Real Estate Transactions
- Renewable Energy
- Community Association Law
- Member of the Community Associations Institute (CAI), New Jersey Chapter
- Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Member of the Board of Directors of the Land Use Law Section
- Member of the New York Bar Association
- Member of the Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- Member of the New Jersey Builders Association
- Member of the Shore Builders Association of Central New Jersey
- Member of NAIOP
Other Professional and Personal Information
- Prior to joining the firm, Mike served a judicial clerkship for the Honorable Eugene D. Serpentelli, A.J.S.C. as well as a judicial internship for the Honorable John W. Bissell, J.D.C.
- Mike is an IFR rated private pilot and certified open-water scuba diver