Steven is a member of our Land Use & Development, Litigation, Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy, and Community Association Law practice areas of the firm.
He is experienced in representing property owners, investors, and commercial and residential developers in all aspects of real estate, focusing on development and litigation. With regard to development, Steven represents clients before municipal land use agencies, governing bodies, and state agencies in connection with contested and complex applications for variances, site plans, subdivisions, permits and approvals.
Steven is also an experienced litigation attorney, representing clients on real estate matters such as quiet title actions, adverse possession, tax appeals, mortgage and tax foreclosures, landlord-tenant disputes, and appeals of municipal or state agency actions. He also focuses on complex business and commercial litigation matters, assisting corporate clients through various disputes.
In the area of community association law, Steven serves as general counsel to condominium and homeowner associations and assists with all aspects of governance and operation, including contract drafting and negotiation, drafting and implementation of amendments to the governing documents and corporate resolutions, member disputes, compliance issues, and governing document interpretation.
- Member, Monmouth County Bar Association
- Member, Ocean County Bar Association
Other Professional and Personal InformationSteven served as a law clerk in the Chancery Division of the New Jersey Superior Court in Ocean County to the Honorable Frank A. Buczynski, Jr., P.J.Ch. (Ret.) and the Honorable Francis R. Hodgson, Jr., P.J.Ch.
Steven was raised in Manchester, New Jersey and attended Monsignor Donovan High School, University of Massachusetts at Amherst and New York Law School.
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York Law School, J.D. (2012)cum laude
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, B.S. (2009)summa cum laude
- Named Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch*, 2021 - 2023
- Four GH&C Attorneys have been included in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch®
- Four Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™
- Several GH&C Attorneys Named "Monmouth County's Top Lawyers 2021"
- Four Attorneys from Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla Named to 2022 Best Lawyers®: Ones to Watch
- Five Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P.C. Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch